Pages

Mar 11, 2010

Easy Potato Pancakes


So, my guy.. he is Polish and asked me to make him something called "Plotsky's". Well, after a little research, I learned that meant POTATO PANCAKE. lol. So, I looked online at a few recipes, and then combined them in my head and whipped them up.. and BAM! They turned out SOOO GOOD! The measurments are really vague, because I just eyeball almost everything....... BUT, you can figure it out, I have faith in you!!

Potato Pancakes

4-5 cups shredded russet potato – peeled.
DO NOT RINSE
2-3 eggs
2/3 cup shredded or very finely minced onion (about 1 small onion, depends on how much onion you like! LOL)
Flour to thicken – about ½ cup give or take
Salt and pepper

Add eggs to shredded potatoes and onion. Salt and pepper generously. Mix. Add flour until batter is thick enough to hold form when put onto griddle. Scoop mix onto oiled griddle and flatten and spread it out with the spoon. Cook on medium high heat until golden and firm enough to flip. Keep cooking until both sides are dark golden and center is cooked through. Salt while hot. Serve plain or with sour cream and applesauce!

Enjoy!

..
,,

No comments: